On 08/04/14 12:06, Johannes Berg wrote:
On Sun, 2014-03-30 at 22:35 +0200, Antonio Quartulli wrote:
- cfg80211_get_station - retrieve information about a given station
- @dev: the device where the station is supposed to be connected to
- @mac_addr: the mac address of the station of interest
- @sinfo: pointer to the structure to fill with the information
- Returns 0 on success or a negative error code otherwise.
+int cfg80211_get_station(struct net_device *dev, u8 *mac_addr,
struct station_info *sinfo);
mac_addr should be const
Any thoughts about clearing/filling/partially filling *sinfo when returning an error?
At the moment this function relies on what rdev_get_station() does and I always assumed that in case of error the content of *sinfo should be considered "undefined".
An option can be to set the object to 0 in case of error, but is it really needed?
Any other change should be applied to rdev->ops->get_station(), not here. I.e. fill the object as much as possible and never return an error - just flag what was filled.