things that changed since the last patch:
- with fragmentation enabled the mtu of batX is always ETH_DATA_LEN
- fragment if mtu of the outgoing interface is smaller the needed size
- add a new packet type for fragmentation
- new recv function for fragmented packets
- new route unicast packet function to share routing code
- increase compat number to 12
I am having problems getting multicast video over my 2 node mesh. I
am building under openwrt and the version is 0.3.0-alpha rv1715.
I have a lan bridge on each side. If I directly add ath0 to the lan
bridge the video works fine. But since I want to mesh, I put ath0
into bat0 instead, and then I put bat0 into the bridge. This works
for all my traffic that put across it so far except the multicast
video. A tcpdump comparison of both sides shows that after about 32
packets data starts getting dropped. The video is about 1Mbs.
Given this thousand foot view of the problem, is there something
obvious I might be missing? I've set the mtu on ath0 to 1524.
Everything else seems to work fine, including copying a file over the
mesh setup that is 20MB at a speed of 578.9KB/s and the md5sum was
I worked through the received feedback (thanks!) my first set of patches
provoked and improved the code. The following changes have been made:
* the log level no longer is a global variable and can be configured for each
* the "unused variable" warnings have been eliminated
* now dead batctl code has been removed
I also considered making the debug log available via the standard kernel
logging facilities but right now I can only see little value in this feature.
We can still add it as soon as somebody complains.
Unless there are futher comments I will go ahead and commit the changes.