[B.A.T.M.A.N.] batman-adv release mailing list or RSS feed?

Sven Eckelmann sven at narfation.org
Sun Apr 14 16:39:24 CEST 2019

On Sunday, 14 April 2019 11:10:11 CEST Ralf Jung wrote:
> is there a mailing list or RSS feed dedicated to batman-adv releases?  We are
> running latest upstream batman-adv release on a couple of servers, so we'd like
> to know when we have to (manually) update our machines -- and currently the best
> I can do is try to remember to check your website regularly, which of course
> does not actually work in practice.

There are the news on the website [1] and also an atom feed is provided.  It
is even possible to subscribe (watch) to the open-mesh.org project news on
Redmine to receive mails when a new news was published.

Or you can uscan the the source download folder [3] like I do for batctl in
Debian [4].

Or you could use the feeds feature of the github [5] and gitlab [6] mirrors.

Or a couple of guys come together and provide a repository with the newest
package format you like (with DKMS or prebuild binary packages). And then use
tools like (on debian) apticron + apt-listchanges + MTA to send mails to you
whenever the server has to be updated. Of course, still means that someone has
to follow the news but the rest only have to update their server.

Kind regards,
	Sven

[1] https://www.open-mesh.org/projects/open-mesh/news
[2] https://www.open-mesh.org/projects/open-mesh/news.atom