[B.A.T.M.A.N.] ICMP6 flood or nodes limit ?

Marek Lindner mareklindner at neomailbox.ch
Thu Jul 26 03:12:41 CEST 2018

On Thursday, 26 July 2018 03:50:10 HKT Nicu Pavel wrote:
> Everything works fine with 31 hosts when I add more (34 max)
> everything stop working, hosts start to drop, I do see a lot ICMP6
> neighbor advertisement/solicitation. I increased the default values
> for elp_interval and orig_interval to 5 and 10 seconds. Once I power
> down  the extra host(s) everything goes back to normal. The actual
> traffic in the mesh beside the ICMP6 is low a few KB sent once per
> minute.

There is no hard-coded host limit in batman-adv. It is more likely to do with
your wifi driver. What wifi chip & driver have you deployed ?

If you check the mailing list archives you will see the wifi driver issue
coming up on a regular basis. This example discussion is merely a few days
old:

https://lists.open-mesh.org/pipermail/b.a.t.m.a.n/2018-July/017952.html

Cheers,