[B.A.T.M.A.N.] Issue with mesh network on different RTL chipsets

Sven Eckelmann sven at narfation.org
Thu Jul 19 12:00:49 CEST 2018

On Donnerstag, 19. Juli 2018 09:53:26 CEST Francesco Salvatore [fabbricadigitale] wrote:
[...]
> Do you know if there's any issue related to listed hardware chipsets? If
> yes, you know of some action I can take to fix that problem?

Yes, nearly all [0] wifi USB sticks are problematic. Please get in contact
with the driver developers [1] because this (beside the symptoms) has nothing
to do with batman-adv. If broadcast or unicast tx/rx is broken for a specific
hardware in a specific mode, the mesh will look broken - nothing we can do
here.

Kind regards,
	Sven

[0] no usb stick comes to my mind at the moment which is without flaws
[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/MAINTAINERS?id=024ddc0ce1049298bd3cae60ae45d9c5f0fb8b9c