[B.A.T.M.A.N.] Recover in case of node fail

Simon Wunderlich sw at simonwunderlich.de
Tue Jul 28 23:26:39 CEST 2015

Hi Carlos,

On Sunday 26 July 2015 19:27:28 Carlos Meralto wrote:
> I tried "batctl ping -R MAC" and the node recover well. But when i try
> "ping IP" does not work and the ping blocks...
> It is normal that this happens?
>
> Best Regards,
> Carlos Meralto

> > On Wednesday 22 July 2015 20:01:51 Sven Eckelmann wrote:
> >> This was not what I said. ICMP ping should work perfectly fine. I just
> >> suggested that you try `batctl -R`
> >
> > batctl ping -R ...

it seems strange that batctl ping works but normal ICMP ping doesn't. A couple
of things you could try are:
 * compare tt tables before and after you remove the router (batctl tg, batctl
tl)
 * check arp tables (arp -an)
 * check using tcpdump (or batctl tcpdump) if the packets are actually sent,
and if yes, where they get lost

I assume you are using batman-adv in a recent version for your tests? Also,
are you using ad-hoc mode? If you need more help, you should try to describe
your setup in more detail.

Cheers,
    Simon