[B.A.T.M.A.N.] encapsulated ethernet frame format

Berat berat at autistici.org
Wed Jul 22 16:59:37 CEST 2015

Hi,

I was trying to understand how batman-adv encapsulates ethernet frames.
Batman dissector of wireshark, shows an ethernet II section, then a
batman section, then again an ethernet II section. Is this
rappresentation respects the original capsulated header format? I
couldn't find a scheme that shows fields of an encapsulated header in
the documentation. So with wireshark, it tells me something like that:

Dst.Mac|Src.Mac|Type|Packt Type|Version|TTL|Seq.No|Dst.Mac|Src.Mac|Type
   First Ethernet 	   Batman Section	     Second Ethernet
    II Section  					II Section

Why there are two times destination and source mac addresses? I want to
retrieve mac addresses of originators of packets by working on raw
packet data. But i'm a little bit confused with this scheme. Sorry if
it's a banal question, i don't have much experience with networking.
Thanks for any help.