[B.A.T.M.A.N.] old batman-adv within 15.05 brunch?

Sven Eckelmann sven at narfation.org
Sat Aug 1 20:27:46 CEST 2015

On Saturday 01 August 2015 18:05:36 Ufo wrote:
> is there a reason for staying with batman-adv 2014 for openwrt 15.05?
>
> our current freifunk leipzig running batman-adv 2015.0 and it seems to work
>
> https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages/tree/master/batman-adv
>
> vs.
>
> https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages/tree/for-15.05/batman-adv

I would even say that it should switch to 2015.1 (not yet released) because it
fixes some nasty problems:

batman-adv 2015.1

 * support latest kernels (2.6.29 - 4.2)
 * cleanup of coding style
 * cleanup of the compatibility layer
 * convert to the Linux source directory structure
 * adjust default configuration
   - disable network coding
   - enable bridge loop avoidance
 * bugs squashed:
   - avoid DAT to mess up local LAN state
   - fix race conditions in DAT/NC/TT/MCAST TVLV handlers
   - fix build system POSIX compatibility
   - fix gateway selection in fast connection (1) gw_mode
   - fix initialization of detected gateway
   - fix race conditions in the translation table
   - fix kernel crash due to missing NULL checks in vlan handlers
   - fix potentially broken header access by multicast optimization
   - fix broadcast packets cleanup for purged outgoing interface

 -- XXX, XX Aug 2015 XX:XX:XX +0200

batman-adv 2015.0

 * support latest kernels (2.6.29 - 4.1)
 * cleanup of coding style and add kerneldoc
 * bugs squashed:
   - fix incorrect lockdep warning in network coding
   - fix condition when bonding should be used
   - fix support of bridged batman-adv devices with kernel < 2.6.39

 -- Tue, 28 Apr 2015 20:20:02 +0200