[B.A.T.M.A.N.] AR9331 Ad-hoc connection speed on OpenWRT Barrier Breaker

Dirk van der Walt dirkvanderwalt at gmail.com
Mon May 19 13:22:09 CEST 2014

Hi list,

I'm sorry for posting a non-Batman-adv matter but I figured this place
is the most likely to also have someone with the same equipment and
the same goal.

I have a few Dragino MS14's (same as the Village Telco MP2s) [Atheros
AR9331] running the latest build of Barrier Breaker.
Somehow the ad-hoc connection speed refuse to go above 1Mb/s. This
have a ripple effect on the throughput of the batman-adv mesh.

The same firmware build works fine with OM2Ps so I suspect it is
probably chipset related.

The same equipment works just fine with AA but I really would like to
run the latest versions of the software.

Anyone who experienced the same problem and (hopefully) have a fix to
this issue?

Kind regards