[B.A.T.M.A.N.] routing loops on interconnected routers / adhoc + ethernet

Nicolás Echániz nicoechaniz at codigosur.org
Sun Mar 4 10:32:38 CET 2012

On 03/04/2012 05:13 AM, Marek Lindner wrote:
> On Sunday, March 04, 2012 10:30:14 Nicolás Echániz wrote:

>> Let me know if you find anything unusual in the setup I sent you.
>
> The setup looks good as far as I can tell. I backported 2 patches for 2011.4.0
> that we currently have in the pipeline. They are meant to address temporary
> routing loops. Somewhat similar to what you are experiencing but I am not 100%
> sure it will help in your case. Could you please apply these patches to
> batman-adv and install the patched binary on all nodes ? It is essential that
> all the nodes run the same version to avoid odd routing behavior.
>
> Let us know how it goes!

Marek,

these experimental nodes were installed from daily snapshot. and batman
installed with: opkg install kmod-batman-adv. Are these patches already
present in batman-adv 2012.0.0?

If so, we might just re-flash the routers with current trunk; right?

This will take a while because routers are already installed on
roof-tops and the network is in use by some neighbors, but it's still
experimental, so we will do what needs to be donde to get the best
results possible.