[B.A.T.M.A.N.] batman-adv: loop caused by tinc and wifi

Bjoern Franke bjo at nord-west.org
Tue Sep 27 12:45:01 CEST 2011

Am Montag, 26. September 2011, 17:26:37 schrieb Marek Lindner:
> On Monday, September 26, 2011 14:33:57 Bjoern Franke wrote:
> > We did not enable bridge loop avoidance, IIRC we did not run batman on
> > the bridge interface due to overhead on the vpn links.
> >
> > But we'll enable it on the nodes we have access to.
>
> Please give it a try. It sounds like a bridge loop.

Ok, we have running now the following setup:

ath1 (ad-hoc) as batman-interface
br-mesh (ath0 (ap-mode), eth0.1, tap0, bat0) as batman-interface

batman complains about the mtu 1500 of br-mesh, but it can't be set to 1527
because bat0 does not like any mtu setting.

> We are working towards an enhanced bridge loop mechanism which aims to
> reduce the overhead. Are you interested in testing it when it gets ready ?

Yes, this would be nice :)

regards
Bjoern

jabber: bjo at schafweide.org
bjo.nord-west.org | nord-west.org | freifunk-ol.de