[B.A.T.M.A.N.] lxc and batman

Sven Eckelmann sven at narfation.org
Thu Sep 15 07:49:27 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 14 September 2011 18:43:36 clownix at clownix.net wrote:
> Hello,
> I was wondering if the batman code in the kernel make batman not
> compatible with lxc.
>
> Lxc are the linux containers that permit to have virtual machines with the
> least overhead (native speed) but those machines use the host's kernel.
> If you know openvz, lxc is the same technology.
>
> It would be nice to be able to have lxc compatible with batman so as to
> test big networks on a single machine.

At least OpenVZ support would mean: one batman-adv instance which provides
separate interfaces for the different namespaces.

We looked at it and found no useful scenario for the OpenVZ support. And your
example doesn't seem to make sense for me right now. It would be one batman-
adv instance which is connected to itself... not a big virtual network.

We tend to use something like kvm for big virtual network tests.

Kind regards,
	Sven