[B.A.T.M.A.N.] global mesh

Kosta Grammatis kosta at iamkosta.org
Mon Nov 29 17:54:30 CET 2010

Hi Friends-
We're working on a rather ambitious initiative to build a
de-centralized network for the whole of humanity. We're collaborating
with NASA Ames, Deutsche Telekom, and others.  Our latest campaign is
to buy a satellite: http://buythissatellite.org

All that aside, the work of B.A.T.M.A.N. is incredible, from what I
read you've tackled some big problems and your technology is being
implemented in many places (our friends at Village Telco seem to be
using B.A.T.M.A.N.).

We'd like to build a satellite network that serves as a backhaul to
local de-centralized mesh networks.  Local data transactions can move
within the mesh, if data needs to be accessed from further away, they
switch to the satellite network. An ambitious addition to this idea is
to allow each device on the mesh to act as a piece of a phase array
antenna.

I personally understand how challenging this may be, and my expertise
is (very) limited.  Is this technically possible with technology
available today?  What would you recommend to get this done and what
can we expect in terms of an end user experience?
I appreciate your time and expertise. I believe this is the ultimate
end goal of B.A.T.M.A.N, perhaps we can work on this together.

-Kosta
--
http://iamkosta.org