[B.A.T.M.A.N.] Blocking OGMs from a node for testing purpose

Antonio Quartulli ordex at ritirata.org
Mon May 10 13:57:55 CEST 2010

Hi,

On lun, mag 10, 2010 at 01:47:58 +0800, Marek Lindner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> welcome on our list!  :-)

Thank you! :)

> > To do this, first of all, I should block OGMs from a particular station.
> > I tried with ebtables in order to block all the packets with source MACa
> > (where MACa is the MAC address of the station I would prevent to
> > communicate with me), but I failed.
> >
> > Does anyone know a working way to do what I described before?
>
> I think it would be easier to help you, if described in more detail what
> exactly you tried so far and why it was not successful. Please give us all the
> settings & commands involved otherwise we have to guess what is going on.

Ok, I'm going to list all the commands I used.
First of all, I'm using the svn version of batman-adv, in order to be up to date.
The topology, actually, is a simple adhoc net between two hosts.

What I did is: inserting the module, activating the if and adding the phy if to bat0:
# insmod batman-adv.ko
# ifconfig bat0 up
# batctl if add  wlan0

Then I tried to block any kind of packets from a known mac (say MACa).

# ebtables -A INPUT -s MACa -j DROP

After this I checked with "battctl o" if I was still able to see the other host, and even waiting a few minutes, the host was still in the list.

What am I missing?
I tried also using the FORWARD chain of ebtables, and also adding more constraints on the filer, but it didn't help.

I hope to have explained it clearly.

Regards
Antonio