[B.A.T.M.A.N.] sysfs compat

RHS Linux User xxx at nei.mv.com
Wed May 5 01:59:38 CEST 2010

Hi All,

   I used to run one of "THE" compliance labs....

   Who really cares about compliance ??!!  The real question is does it
work, does it *REALLY* work !!  Can you reset it reliably? Can you debug
it?

   I too ONLY consider open source as even worth spending my time
with.

   The original Atheros driver for MITs roofnet was 50% of the size
of their "regular" OEM driver. And it worked pretty well !! Pretty
telling. AFAIK the MIT sources were never leaked to the web?

   I keep thinking someone *SHOULD* do a WIFI interface to ethernet with
an open radio and and open VHDL fpga design. That way we could all see
what was *REALLY* happending with the RF !  MUCH better than ANY analyser
out there.

   And it would just get better and become more reliable over time.

   Hurrah for open source!

   Wiz