[B.A.T.M.A.N.] sysfs compat

elektra onelektra at gmx.net
Tue May 4 13:40:07 CEST 2010

Hello Franz -

as a comment: Whenever I used drivers from a chip manufacturer so far I had a
miserable experience. Basic features and most common applications usually
work, but thats it. Drivers are usually buggy and unmaintained. Particularly
ad-hoc mode support usually is theoretically there but practically broken. I
know of no proprietary vendor driver that works properly.

The fact that you are usually bound to a very old version of Linux is telling.
I only use / promote chips with decent open-source support. OpenWrt is
awesome.

Cheers,
Elektra