[B.A.T.M.A.N.] New BMX website at www.bmx6.net

Axel Neumann neumann at cgws.de
Mon Dec 20 20:35:47 CET 2010

On Montag 20 Dezember 2010, Sven Eckelmann wrote:
[...]
> The problem is that you (sry, no offence meant) did a quite bad job to
> convert it. bmxd.git has these weird git-svn-id lines in the commit
> messages, "random" commiter names+mails, missing parts of the history,
> dangling symlinks, ...
>
> Please take a look at git://git.open-mesh.org/ecsv/test/bmx.git
> I don't say that it is the holy grail of svn-to-git conversation, but I
> think it could be a better conversation than your bmxd.git

I am kind of git newbie. You are right and I see what you mean. Finally I
decided to simply fetch the bmx-0.3.x branch from the repository you mentioned
and offer it as a bare master branch at git://git.bmx6.net/bmxd.git .

Is there a one line command you used to create this? Essentially I used:
git svn init http://downloads.open-mesh.org/svn/batman/trunk/batman-
experimental/
to create my former repository but obviously this missed some initial commits,
full names,...:-(

Thanks anyway.

/axel