[B.A.T.M.A.N.] New BMX website at www.bmx6.net

Sven Eckelmann sven at narfation.org
Mon Dec 20 13:17:51 CET 2010

Axel Neumann wrote:
> > Does that mean that your svn directories and git repositories at
> > open-mesh.org can be dropped
>
> In the long term yes! But please not right now. I want to update links in
> other repositories like openWrt first and give users some time to update
> their checkout as well so that the build process does not fail. Lets say
> in February.

Ok, sounds good.

> > (at least it seems that no branch has common
> > ancestors with your branches)?
>
> For branches/bmx-0.3.x/ I used git-svn to create the git repository  which
> I expected to create common ancestors. Some confusion leaked in when I
> moved the directory from trunk/batman-experimental to branches/bmx-0.3.x
> (some deleted files like LIESMICH,.. were not deleted which I fixed with
> the last git commit).

The problem is that you (sry, no offence meant) did a quite bad job to convert
it. bmxd.git has these weird git-svn-id lines in the commit messages, "random"
commiter names+mails, missing parts of the history, dangling symlinks, ...

Please take a look at git://git.open-mesh.org/ecsv/test/bmx.git
I don't say that it is the holy grail of svn-to-git conversation, but I think
it could be a better conversation than your bmxd.git

Best regards,
	Sven