[B.A.T.M.A.N.] BATMAN routing

Linus Lüssing linus.luessing at ascom.ch
Thu Dec 2 11:27:52 CET 2010

Hi everyone,

thanks for having joined the IRC channel, Hlabishi and Chris, that's
really speeding the discussions up a lot, I guess :). Just wanted
to throw in another idea open for discussions which is refering to
Hlabisihi's packet count weighting.

What do you guys think about pushing this concept even one step
further and removing the local packet count window? And instead
using a "smoother" exponential weighted average which got very
popular in TCP for it's RTT estimations:

RQ_new = f(newseqno, lastseqno, RQ_old, α)
       = (1-α) * RQ_old + α * 1 / Δ(newseqno, lastseqno)

As in TCP, α is then the parameter for tweaking on how much
more priority a newer packet shall have and is chosen between 0
(conservative) and 1 (opportunistic).

What do you think?

Cheers, Linus