[B.A.T.M.A.N.] WiMAX

Tobias Gieseke gieseke at irt.de
Mon Feb 16 08:25:57 UTC 2009

Hi,

we have some WiMax Cards but they are all PCMCIA. I may test them with
Batman but I guess there will be serious driver problems in Linux. The
cards where shipped with Windows drivers only and even those got some
problems in the end. I agree with the others, that mesh in an WiMax
system does not make sense (yet). WiMax is build for "infrastucture
mode" the base station has the mayor task and is able to controll the
clients in transmitting power, modulation etc. espacially in mobile
Wimax (802.16e). The only case where mesh could come in is the
communication between the Base stations, but that would be discrete
links, so you don't really need a mesh. But I think you considerd this
and you have an own concept for mesh in WiMax. Perhpas you could explain
that to me (and the others)?
I don't know anything about an adhoc mode for WiMax either.

Kind regards,

Tobi

Tim LePes: