[B.A.T.M.A.N.] WiMAX

Tim LePes luvdownbabylon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 17:34:36 UTC 2009

Has anyone been playing with BATMAN on WiMAX hardware?  I have a project
that I had to back burner for a while and I am getting ready to start
active work again.  I am looking to see if I can find a mini PCI WiMAX
card that I can use in a Mesh AP, where WiMAX will be used for the
backbone and both WiFi and 10/100 Ethernet for clients to connect to the
AP.  The idea is for drop-and-go network coverage in disaster areas or
other places where you want to get connectivity up in a hurry.  I have a
dev board and am finally able to get some parts to help me work on it
again.  Power supply, PCI to MiniPCI adapter, PoE hardware, enclosure..
and of course a WiMAX card.  I am also shopping for a WiFi card too, so
recommendations there would be welcome.  Though to be fair I haven't
been googling on that much yet, the WiMAX backhaul is my main concern at
the moment.  Doing the WiFi AP part should be relatively easy as it is a
mature technology w/r/t parts and drivers availability.  Any advice?  So
far it seems that Intel has the greatest presence in my googling for
WiMAX on Linux.

Thanks so much!

Tim LePes