[B.A.T.M.A.N.] Using batman L2 on multiple wireless cards

Dennis Bartsch dennis_bartsch at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 12 16:14:45 UTC 2009

Hello List,

> however when i check the /proc/net/batman-adv/originators....i see
> that all other nodes are reachable but the interface mentioned is
> ath1....(even those which are actually reachable by ath0)
>
> shouldn't some of the boards be reachable by ath0 - as some nodes are
> on a different channel...

if the three interfaces are working in ad-hoc-mode be sure to assign
different BSSIDs to further separate the channels. with a low distance
beween the radios (or even all three readios in one case) the
channel-crosstalk is severe. I have seen cards running on channel 1
even decode some frames from channel 13. thats why a logical
separation is necessary or at least recommended.

regards,

dennis bartsch