[B.A.T.M.A.N.] Stable adapters for Ad Hoc networks

Breno Jacinto breno at freeunix.com.br
Sat Feb 7 20:38:16 UTC 2009

Hello Marek,

    Thank you for replying. I have one final question about this.

2009/2/6 Marek Lindner <lindner_marek at yahoo.de>:
> thanks to Felix from the OpenWRT project the Atheros driver has that feature
> (as you know). Broadcom is a much harder cases because the drivers a binary
> only. We mostly use the famous WRT54G and its derivates for our network. Sven-
> Ola managed to write patch for that binary driver of the WRT. There also is an
> open source driver project for the broadcom chips but I'm not sure where it
> stands.

    How about in the laptops / pcs that access the WRT54G, which make
the "infrastructure" of the mesh? What kind of adapters do you use on
them?

> I never experimented with Ralink myself, so I can't answer that. I'm sure
> Elektra could jump in here.  :-)

     That would be really helpful - I'm trying to contact the rt73
drivers guys for the last week and got no response from them. If
anyone could confirm whether these Edimax dongles could set a static
BSSID, that would help us decide which equipment to buy for building
our ad hoc network test-bed.

> Regards,
> Marek

best regards,