[B.A.T.M.A.N.] Some questions to BATMAN

Marek Lindner lindner_marek at yahoo.de
Tue Dec 30 02:14:06 UTC 2008

Hi,

> my freifunk firmware is v1.6.29 and the batmand version is :B.A.T.M.A.N.
> 0.2 rv502 (compability version 3)

please consider upgrading to the latest code. 0.2 is outdated (released May
2007). Version 0.3 is the current stable whereas the 0.3.1 release will happen
in the coming days.

> >> I read the HowTO from Freifunk Leipzig about the configuration of
> >> BATMAN, look here http://wiki.leipzig.freifunk.net/BATMAN. How is the
> >> configuration
> >> If I want to run BATMAN in Ubuntu Intrepid? How can I configure the
> >> IPTABLES ?

Unless you run your own firewall settings I could imagine you wont need to
configure iptables. The routers need these settings because they use iptables
heavily (unlike a normal desktop).