[B.A.T.M.A.N.] Some questions to BATMAN

John Harris JHarris at web.de
Sun Dec 28 11:14:34 UTC 2008

Hiii,

I have some question about BATMAN routing protocol...
I would be appreciate if anybody could help me...

1)
I will build a mesh network.. One of my router is connected to my server with the IP 129.211.186.12. I can't make
a traceroute through my router to this server. If I try to make "traceroute 129.211.186.12" from an another router I get the message:
"PING 129.211.186.12 (129.211.186.12): 56 data bytes
ping: sendto: Network is unreachable
"
I can send ping requests from my server to the router and from the router to the server, but as I said, I can't make a traceroute to the server
from an another router. My question is, how can I do this ?

In OLSR it was not a problem to trace the server through the router. Should I change something in HNA messages ?

2)
I read the HowTO from Freifunk Leipzig about the configuration of BATMAN, look here http://wiki.leipzig.freifunk.net/BATMAN. How is the configuration
If I want to run BATMAN in Ubuntu Intrepid? How can I configure the IPTABLES ?

greetings,
John