[B.A.T.M.A.N.] dublicate HNAs

Axel Neumann neumann at cgws.de
Wed Dec 17 20:14:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Samstag 13 Dezember 2008, Stephan Enderlein (Freifunk Dresden) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not so deep involved in batman routing to find a solution. I hope
> you can find a way. But for now it is not so important.
> But if one node announces a HNA and a different node that just has fun to
> "turn off" this node can simply send the same HNA. If you say the first
> HNA is the right one, then what happens when this node gets the forced
> disconnection after 24 hours by its internet provider?

Theoretically, if the node can reestablish a new connection after its forced
disconnection within the dad timeout (100secs by default) then it should not
be kicked out. But, the preliminary for this is that: the node must re-appear
using the same primary IP for its primary interface and continuing with the
foreseen sequence-number range.

best,
axel