[B.A.T.M.A.N.] Can't build a mesh network

Resul Cetin resul.cetin at uni-dortmund.de
Wed Dec 17 12:19:58 UTC 2008

Hiii,

I'm a beginner regarding mesh networks. At the moment, I have a problem by
building a mesh network with batman between 2 Linksys and a Laptop. I get
a ping response on the router side and from my Laptop side. There is a
connection... ok..

But I can't run batmand to establish a mesh network...

I gave the command" sudo batmand eth1 wlan0:test" to build the connection
and then this here"sudo batmand -c -d 1"
but the second command gives this error message:
"Error - can't connect to unix socket '/var/run/batmand.socket': No such
file or directory ! Is batmand running on this host ?"

My batman version is"
B.A.T.M.A.N. 0.2 (compability version 3)"

Can anybody help me to fix this problem ?

greetings,