[B.A.T.M.A.N.] Want to count the number of nodes connecting to a batman gateway

Axel Neumann neumann at cgws.de
Thu Dec 11 09:50:53 UTC 2008

Hi,

Currently this information is not provided by bmx.
In two-way-tunnel mode this information is knwon by the daemon but not
accessible with any debug output. I've also casually recognized the need for
this information (including timeout and last request timestamps) in order to
better understand and debug various gw scenarios.  So for the two-way-tunnel
its not a big issue, I have it on my todo list.
But for one-way-tunnel it would mean additional overhead and introducing some
stateful functions&datastructures into a currently stateless gw mechanism.

Theoretically, the connected gw-clients could be identified by the different
source addresses passing the bat0 interface of the gateway node (using
tcpdump, iptables,...).  But honestly, I am not aware of any elegant way to
catch these addresses.

ciao,
axel