[B.A.T.M.A.N.] Looking for batman-adv 0.1-alpha

Sven Eckelmann sven.eckelmann at gmx.de
Mon Dec 8 18:22:25 UTC 2008

On Monday 08 December 2008 09:29:12 Tobias Gieseke wrote:
> Sorry, but my question to open-wrt was not precise enough. I wanted to
> know if there is a chance to get batmand-adv running on open-wrt with
> broadcom wifi. AFAIK batmand-adv is only running on kernel 2.6 but with
> kernel 2.6 broadcom wifi is not running on open-wrt (according to the
> open-wrt homepage).  Maybe you know a trick to get batmand-adv running
> on the Linksys WRT54GL or the Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 WiFi-Router, with WiFi
> running of course.
It is correct that kamikaze 7.x doesn't support linux 2.6 with stable wifi but
the new kamikaze 8.09rc1 [1] uses the b43 driver[2] and should support the
integrated bcm43xx hardware inside the wgt54gl + adhoc mode. You should be
able to run batman-adv on these devices.
The hardware I have here is currently in productive use - so I cannot test
that it really works.

Best regards,
	Sven

[1] http://downloads.openwrt.org/kamikaze/8.09_RC1/release.txt