[B.A.T.M.A.N.] Looking for batman-adv 0.1-alpha

Simon Wunderlich simon.wunderlich at s2003.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Dec 8 17:27:15 UTC 2008

Hey Tobias,

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 09:29:12AM +0100, Tobias Gieseke wrote:
> and thanks for the helpfull informations so far. As there is a command
> "batmand-adv" available on the meshnode i assume they use the userspace
> version of batman-adv (correct??). Can i copy the executeable file from
> the meshnode to my desktop an run it??

Yep, that's the userspace version. And yes, you can copy it to your
desktop. It should [tm] work. ;)

> I'd really like to use the current version of the kernelland but i loose
> the warranty of the meshnodes if i make any changes on the command shell
> via ssh or serial port :-( I will think about that when i've finished my
> tests ;-)

Mhm, no idea if you can backup the whole system image or something, and
re-flash it after your experiments, but that would probably void the
guarantee as well ... ;D

> Sorry, but my question to open-wrt was not precise enough. I wanted to
> know if there is a chance to get batmand-adv running on open-wrt with
> broadcom wifi. AFAIK batmand-adv is only running on kernel 2.6 but with
> kernel 2.6 broadcom wifi is not running on open-wrt (according to the
> open-wrt homepage).  Maybe you know a trick to get batmand-adv running
> on the Linksys WRT54GL or the Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 WiFi-Router, with WiFi
> running of course.

Well, you can also use batman-adv userland on the Broadcom, that should
work fine. "Kernel 2.6 doesn't work (properly) on broadcom/openwrt" is the same
info i have, no idea if this has changed ... :(

best regards
	Simon