[B.A.T.M.A.N.] Looking for batman-adv 0.1-alpha

Simon Wunderlich simon.wunderlich at s2003.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Dec 5 20:04:14 UTC 2008

Hey Tobias,

are you using the kernelland or userspace version of batman-adv? If you
want to use the userspace version, it's enough to compile and copy the
binary from your desktop to the meshnode (it's i386 after all).

However i'd recommend to use the latest revision of
batman-adv-kernelland. For this you'd need to compile the modules for
the kernel. AFAIK they use a debian based system, so you could probably
use our Debian packages:

http://packages.debian.org/sid/batman-adv-source
http://packages.debian.org/sid/batman-adv-battool

(you'd need their kernel source packages to compile it, thou ...)
Please note that the userland version was intended as proof of concept
and we might only support the kernelland version in the long term.

OpenWRT also supports batman-adv btw. :)

best regards,
	Simon