[B.A.T.M.A.N.] 0.3.1 rv1152 - some test results

Marek Lindner lindner_marek at yahoo.de
Mon Dec 1 04:30:00 UTC 2008

On Saturday 29 November 2008 06:31:25 Chris W. wrote:
> Uh, this would mean double NAT in the network, sip phones don't like it.

I overlooked that comment thats why my answer comes a bit late:

Are you sure that the batman setup is a problem for SIP ? I'm definitely not
the SIP expert but I don't think it is a problem (correct me if I'm wrong).

The normal double NAT setup looks like this:

NET_A -> NET_B -> Internet

SIP & STUN get in trouble here.

In the batman network it looks a bit different:

NET_A -> NET_B -> NET_A -> Internet

The second NAT is used for internal transport only. I guess STUN will not
notice that there is the second network in between. Could you verify that ?