[B.A.T.M.A.N.] 0.3.1 rv1152 - some test results

Marek Lindner lindner_marek at yahoo.de
Mon Dec 1 04:19:34 UTC 2008

On Monday 01 December 2008 06:43:33 Chris W. wrote:
> You're right, modules are an individual thing. I rather hoped for a hint
> to a  backported openwrt-0.9 makefile ;-).

I'm not sure what an "openwrt-0.9" is but may be this helps you:
https://dev.open-mesh.net/batman/wiki/Patches

> It is working as you described, here it takes about one minute to switch
> to an active gateway.

Yeah, it always takes one minute - its the internal timeout for inactive
gateways.  :-)

By the way, you still can ping around and test the connection yourself. Either
by using a simple cron script which runs every x minutes or by triggering your
test script via the routing script. Depending on your setup/firewall/ISP you
might experience problems pinging around. Also, if your users expect the
internet to work for 2 hours per day you waste time and bandwidth in the other
22 hours of the day.