[B.A.T.M.A.N.] dynamic gateway / hna / services

Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Fri Jul 27 16:03:49 UTC 2007

>> I just often have the feeling that you want to dissmiss olsrd becasue
>> batman *has* to be better, since it is already in the name. That
>> sucks a bit. Well, whatever...
>
> Aaron, please don't feel personally attacked by this. You know that
> we started
> batman because we were not happy with many things in OLSR.

I don't feel personally attacked at all :)
I just again and again get the feeling from batman people that sort
of "everything else sucks"
Like academia sucks, olsr sucks etc etc.
But that is a bit contra-productive. That is what I wanted to point out.

I also know that olsrd has its short comings (after all it was a
diploma thesis)... but nevertheless,
you must admit: it did its job marvelously. Without it we could not
have created our nice networks.

Of course, it it time to look into new directions (as well as enhance
the existing code).

> The only reason for me to mention OLSR was that many people here
> expect us to
> redo all the things OLSR does. And I just want to remind them that
> batman is
> a different project.

nono... redo everything is like asking for a bit to much. Agreed. But
step by step...