[B.A.T.M.A.N.] dynamic gateway / hna / services

Lui batman at schmudde.com
Fri Jul 27 14:59:37 UTC 2007

Marek,

>First of all, "-g" is just flooded through the network. We
>also want some kind of "dyngw"-plugin but with a better approach:
>By using tunnels to the gateway batman is in a far better situation
>than OLSR. The "is internet really available" check can be done on
>the client side and is therefore much more

it's about the gateway himself (not a client-of-the-gateway).
A gateway router (has to/)should check his default route and change
his role to 'ordinary-client' => switch working state from -g to
-r/-p Mode. May think about NATed LAN-clients, too...

The "working-tunnel-check" is good tool against 'vandalism' or
mis-configuration in the hand of a gateway-client, but it's no
protection for the gateway against vandalism (i.e.) of his ISP...

Lui
(stucking just in the mentioned situation)