[B.A.T.M.A.N.] dynamic gateway / hna / services

Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Fri Jul 27 14:43:55 UTC 2007

On Jul 27, 2007, at 4:07 PM, Marek Lindner wrote:

>  By using tunnels to the gateway
> batman is in a far better situation than OLSR

guys, please mention, that in OLSRd this is simply problematic for
you in *Berlin* where you use private IPs.
And therefore the NAT causes problems. The tunnel trick works
*just*as*well* for OLSRd BTW.

I just often have the feeling that you want to dissmiss olsrd becasue
batman *has* to be better, since it is already in the name. That
sucks a bit. Well, whatever...

I think both approaches have something to it. OLSRd is well tested
(and has ugly code, yes) but batman really has to be still tested out
in the wild with many nodes. A routing protocol evolves with the load
that is applied to it.
That is the key issue in my opinion.

Anything new with the approaches to create an RFC for batman by the way?

ciao,
aaron.