[B.A.T.M.A.N.] Plug-ins

Marek Lindner lindner_marek at yahoo.de
Tue Jan 23 09:45:40 UTC 2007

Hi,

> Just wondering if there are any plans to introduce a plug-in interface to
> BATMAN?  I am especially keen to see a Nameservice plugin, or any other
> service advertisement-type plugin.

the main idea behind batman is to create a small, lightweight and easy to use
routing daemon. Without bloating the code or "spamming" the network with
unneccessary traffic.  Hence no such plug-in interface is planned or wanted
at the moment.
Personally, I like the concept of creating these features one layer above
batman so that these "services" can run indepently from the routing
algorithm. Currently FX from Phenoelit is working on a nameservice which does
exactly that.