[B.A.T.M.A.N.] path selection

Marek Lindner lindner_marek at yahoo.de
Tue Jan 9 11:45:42 UTC 2007

Hi,

> However, in this case, that is not the best choice since every second
> packet send via A-c-D needs to be retransmitted on the link A-c, which
> would not be necessary if send via A-b-D .
> Don't know if you agree, ...is that reasonable? Also I don't have any
> simple approach in mind to solve this but it might be worth to reconsider.

I think you made a good point but I even would go a step further. Consider
this: A downloads a file from D thus using D-b-A  (with 50% packet loss). But
each packet has to be acknowledged and every second acknowledgement is also
lost (via A-c-D) . That is why D will resend every second packet and the
throughput will suffer even more.

I think we should find a solution here but up to now I don't have a clue how
to do it.