we are VERY pleased to hear that there are quite a few people from outside
Berlin considering to come to the release party. Of course these pionieers
are not coming without expectations.
Therefore we want to reserve and announce some extra time now (besides the
usual gathering and celebrating) for an open discussion and the exchange of
experience related to the batman routing protocol.
The gathering will be integrated in the regularly Waveloeten workshop
) which happens every Wednesday
at the C-Base ( http://c-base.org/
For the discussion we propose to start at 8:15 pm
( 20.6.07 Rungestrasse 20, 10179 Berlin )
A list of topics may include but is not limited to:
* Why BATMAN at all? After many years of optimization OLSR seems to be quite
* Does BATMAN really redeem what it claims?
* What means exist to allow a smooth migration from an existing routing
protocol and which problems can be expected.
* The one-does-it-all solution (Eierlegende Wollmilchsau) does not exist so
what are the disadvantages.
* Which skills are needed to set up a somehow working or a productively usable
* Which parameters exist to better adapt the batman implementation to local
* Do user prefer an aggressive or a conservative revision and versioning cycle
* What is missing (besides documentation)
* Please feel free to add your topic here!
What would you expect to hear from a decent batman / batman advanced
presentation / workshop ?
looking forward to see you,
the B.A.T.M.A.N. development team