i've experienced some trouble with batman. when batman is started
an invalid interface, due a typo eht1, batman exits/crushes but gives no
message and the exit value is 0 too. i would propose that batman, gives
a message or at least changes the exit value, when it crushes.
this is not entirely correct. We have to distinguish between two cases:
1. batman forks into the background (batmand eth1):
- You get an exit code of 0 because the daemon forks into the background. The
foreground process exits normally. After forking all the interfaces are
- Batman logs its error message to syslog (similar to all other daemons).
Depending on your syslog configuration you will find the error message
2. batman does not fork (use a debug level of 3 or 4 -> batmand -d 3 eth1)
- You get an error exit code because batman does not fork before checking the
- The error message is printed in the current shell.